Community Development Partnership Forum
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP FORUM, 5TH EDITION (CDPF-V) VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
Port of Spain, Jan. 24-26, 2022
The Ministry of Community Development, Culture & the Arts is pleased to invite to you to be part of this year’s Community Development PartnershipForum-IV which will be hosted at four community festival venues and at the Department of the Creative & Festival Arts at the University of the West Indies, (U.W.I.) St. Augustine. You are invited to attend at least one of the four (4) CDPF-IV venues, and the Plenary Session at the Department of the Creative & Festival Arts, U.W.I., St. Augustine.
What is the Community Development Partnership Forum?
The Community Development Partnership Forum (CDPF) is a knowledge building platform for practitioners in the community development sector. CDPF-IV will be held as part of CARIFESTA XIV during the period August 18 – 23, 2019. The CDPF-IV theme is ‘The Creative Sector: A Pathway to Sustainable Community Development.’ CDPF-IV and CARIFESTA XIV are seeking to support the growth of the creative sector.
CDPF-IV is organised as an integral part of four (4) of the Community Festivals and these will be centered around the theme: “Connect, Share and Invest.”
Creating Viable Creative Sectors
We aim to:
- Provide a platform for the exploration of ideas, recommendations, and models by creatives for the development/strengthening of viable creative sectors within communities, focused on the Handicraft, Cocoa and Coffee, Community Tourism and Heritage (Culinary Arts) Sectors
- Provide an opportunity for strengthening productive synergies, networks and partnership arrangements for economic development, among a diverse group of persons and institutions at the local, community, national and regional levels.
Our plans are:
- To sensitize stakeholders on the potential of the creative sector to drive sustainable community development
- To explore and investigate practical processes and models that focus on creative business growth as strategies to promote economic development in communities.
- To equip creative entrepreneurs with the relevant knowledge for strategic management of creative businesses
- To encourage the establishment, and monetization of creative hubs within communities
- To strengthen capacity for marketing and distribution of products within and outside communities
Community Development Partnership Forum – The journey thus far