How to Access Our Services
The Community Mediation Centres are open for service. However, mindful of the pandemic and the need for physical and social distancing , we encourage the public to call in as far as possible. The following procedures are in place:
- Intake Interviews and Counselling are conducted via Telephone or Videoconferencing using Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet.
- Mediation is conducted via Zoom using multiple rooms in a central location as well as our Mediation Mobile Units.
- In cases of digital poverty where persons are unable to access services virtually, they can access a mediation centre, however they must have their temperatures taken at the Centre, masks must be worn at all times covering the nose, mouth and chin, practice social and physical distancing, hand sanitizing, practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette as well as observing all other recommended Public Health Protocols.
- Persons who are ill or have been in contact with someone who is ill are asked to use the call-in option only.
- Clients wishing to physically access a centre should call for an appointment to ensure that the required limit in numbers is maintained.
Available Centres and telephone numbers are:
- North Main Mediation Centre, 1st Floor, Jobco Building, 51-55, Frederick Street, Port of Spain – 625-2819, 625-6768, PBX 225-4267
- San Juan Sub-centre, MTS Plaza, Aranguez – 638-8133
- Tunapuna Sub Centre, Social Services Centre, Main Road, Tunapuna 497-6068
- Central Main Mediation Centre, 282, Old Southern Main Road, Warrenville, Cunupia – 693-2955
- Couva Sub-Centre, Couva Social Services Building, Camden Road, Couva – 679-3660
- South West main Mediation Centre, 63, Main Road Point Fortin ( Upstairs Ministry of Works and Transport, Licensing Office) 648-2888 or 648-2810