Mission and Objectives
The mission of the Division of Physical Education and Sport is to enrich lives through total participation, quality training and excellence in sport.
The two pillars of the National Sport Policy -Total Participation Sport (TPS) and High Performance Sport (HPS) -are the drivers behind the mission.
Among the objectives of the Division are:
- To increase the participation in sport and physical recreation at all levels
- To raise standards of athletic performance
- To increase the quality and quantity of sporting facilities
- To provide information for and about physical recreation and sport
- To promote sport as an industry
- To implement a national sport policy
- To promote drug free sport
- To advocate for quality physical education and sport in schools
- To encourage national sporting organizations to have strategic approaches to sport development and become self-sufficient.