FAQs on the Community Education Programme 2021
- What is the Community Education (Skills Training) Programme?
The Community Education Programme (CEP) provides training in various skills, which can aid in the creation of home-based production of goods and services and employment generation.
- How are Courses being offered?
Courses are virtual. Participants are required to connect to the session from their home/office via the virtual platform. The class format allows tutors to deliver the same instructions and content as if they were on-site in a classroom setting.
- What is needed to attend classes?
Participants are required to have access to any of the following smart devices:
- Cell Phone
- Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Who can participate?
Courses are available to Nationals and Legal residents of Trinidad and Tobago 15 years and over.
- When is the CEP Programme offered?
Registration for the CEP programme starts on Monday June 14. Classes begin the week of July 5 – In celebration of Community Development Day.
- How can persons register?
Registration for the CEP courses are done ONLINE only via the Ministry of Sport and Community Development website – www.mscd.gov.tt
Registrants are advised that there is a 3-5 working days application processing period to verify your information. Once reviewed and approved, an email will be sent to the email address provided at registration.
- Is there a cost attached to the programme?
Registration and participation are free of charge. However, participants are required to provide their own materials.
- What programmes are offered? Where will they take place? What times are the classes?
All the information is available on the Ministry’s website at www.mscd.gov.tt and the Ministry’s Facebook Page: sportcommdevtt
- Upon Completion, do applicants receive a certificate?
Participants having completed all the modules and having attained a 75% pass mark on all assignments will receive a Certificate of Participation
- Do participants receive a stipend?
The Community Education Programme does not offer a stipend.
- How many classes can I take?
Persons can take a maximum of 2 classes.
12. How long is the programme?
- The programme is for 10 weeks (July – September)