Calling PAST TRAINEES of the Ministry of Sport and Community Development’s, Community Education Programme (CEP) and ARTISANS
The Entrepreneurial (Micro-Enterprise) Management Development Programme 2022 (EMDP 2022) – With These Hands, promotes small business entrepreneurs training to past participants of the Ministry of Sport and Community Development’s (MSCD), Community Education Programme (CEP), and Artisans interested in opening a small and micro business venture based on developing products using their hands. This year, specific focus would be placed on mentorship and helping participants to learn the tricks of the trade through direct interaction with entrepreneurs who have excelled by creating and growing their handicraft businesses on a national and regional scale. Additionally, the EMDP 2022 proposes collaboration with The Export Centre Company Limited (ECCL) and the National Entrepreneurial Development Company (NEDCO) for supportive training and further funding.
- To create fifty (50) qualified small business entrepreneurs.
- To expose participants to established brand owners and broaden networking potential.
- To sharpen the skills and business acumen of participants
- To motivate gifted craftsmen to work towards monetizing their skills and maximizing the full potential of the artisanal handicraft industry.
- To expand the networking circle of participants through interactions with established brand owners and pop-up shops.
- To provide seed funding to five (5) qualified small business entrepreneurs selected from 2022 EMDP participants.
- To enhance the five selected operators by the implementation of a three (3) month business mentorship and apprenticeship intervention.
- To expand the artisanal handicraft sector of Trinidad and Tobago
Registration begins Thursday, May 19th
REGISTRATION LINK – Registration Form
Submission deadline Friday, June 3rd
To qualify you MUST be a past trainee of MSCD’s Community Education Programme (CEP) or an Artisan.
PARTICIPANTS WILL BE OFFERED TRAINING IN:
- Developing a Business Plan
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship – “Steps to Starting your business”.
- Financial Management 1- Record Keeping, Cash Management
- Financial Management 11– Costing and Pricing
- Marketing Management – Marketing for SME
- Corporate Governance – Business Taxation / Registration
- Customer Service
Five (5) Masters Classes to be facilitated by 5 established handicraft brand owners chosen from a mix of disciplines.
BUSINESS APPRENTICE INITIATIVE:
Five (5) successful micro-entrepreneurs will undergo a further three (3) month Business Apprenticeship Initiative with and industry-based master. Training will be done in the following:
- Business Advisory and Mentorship Support
- Accelerated Craft and Skill Refinement and training
- Business Apprentice Advantage
Consideration will be given to past trainees of MSCD’s Community Education Programme (CEP) and Artisans.
Warrenville Regional Complex
Lot# 11 Ramrattan’s Building Naparima/Mayaro Road, Rio Claro
644-2346 / 3905
St. Andrew/St. David
358 Brierly Street, Sangre Grande
691-2535 / 3702
St. George East
Tunapuna Administrative Complex,
Eastern Main Road & Centenary Street, Tunapuna
St. George West
Jobco Building 51 Frederick Street, Port of Spain
St. Patrick East
Siparia Administrative Complex, High Street, Siparia
649-2473 / 1658
St. Patrick West
20, Agard Street, Point Fortin
Marlson Building, High Street, Princes Town
Mon Repos Regional Complex, San Fernando
Tobago (Community Development, Youth Development and Sport)
#10 Montessori Drive, Glen Road